Human-Robot Interaction and Robot Intelligence (HRI & RI) Group
About the Group
The Human-Robot Interaction (HRI) and Robot Intelligence (RI) Group, as a part of Robotics and Media Institute in KIST, is one of the most active research units for intelligent robots in Korea. HRI and Robot Intelligence are the multidisciplinary fields with contributions from human–computer interaction, artificial intelligence, robotics, natural language understanding, design, medical and social sciences. Our group is mainly interested in the following research areas:
The HRI and RI Group aims to develop the fundamental technologies on the above areas and tries to make them useful in many practical applications, not only robotics fields but other industries. As recent applications, our group have developed a socially assistive robotic companion to help some autistic children and have been also developing a life-care robot to monitor and socially assist dementia patients.
In all the HRI and robot intelligence areas, the HRI and RI Group can be a direct contact point for the related companies, and offer a lot of technological know-hows and a broad variety of experts as well as the latest technologies required to help them achieve their goals. The group is trying to provide applied R&Ds in almost all HRI and RI sectors for a broad range of robotic industries.
- ArirangTV, 2019 Tech Market-Economy Forecast, 박성기 박사 인터뷰, 2019-01-03
- YTN Science, 융합연구의 꽃을 피우다 (38분 32초~), 2018-06-28
- 전자신문, 치매케어로봇 마이봄과 대화해요, 2018-02-28
- YTN 사이언스,미래의 부족한 부분을 채워 줄 AI로봇 개발자!, 2018-01-29
- 아리랑TV,인사이드비즈, 소셜로봇 소개, 2017-12-21
- 조선일보, 더 친밀하고 더 싹싹한 AI로봇 나온다, 2017-12-27
- 로봇신문, 기획 인물연구, 박성기 박사, 2017-12-20
- 국민일보, 치매환자 돌보는 로봇 곧 등장, 2017-12-19
- 동아일보, 100대 기술 이끌 238명, 최종석 박사, 2017-12-19
- 제12회 대한민국 로봇대상 시상식에서 산업통상자원부 장관표창, 박성기 박사, 2017-12-06
- 채널A, '로봇, 인간을 치유하다'에 소개되는 우리의 치매케어로봇, 2017-12-03
- For more announcements...
- Life-Care Robot for Demented People (2015 - )
- Intelligent S/W Architecture for Service Robots (2015 - )
- Manipulation Technologies in Social Contexts for Human-care Service Robots (2017 - )
- Home Social Robot and Service System Development (2017 - )
- Educational Robot Platform Based on Visual Recognition and Augmented Reality Technologies (2017.11 - )
- Object Recognition for Robot Hand Manipulation (2018 - )
- For past projects...
- D. Song, C. Kim, and Sung-Kee Park, "A Multi-Temporal Framework for High-Level Activity Analysis: Violent Event Detection in Visual Surveillance," Information Sciences, vol. 447, pp.83-103, 2018.
- Y. Lim, R. Lagoy, B. Shinn-Cunningham, T. Gardner, "Transformation of temporal sequences in the zebra finch auditory system," eLife 2016;10.7554/eLife.18205
- SS Yun, H Kim, JS Choi, Sung-Kee Park, "A robot-assisted behavioral intervention system for children with autism spectrum disorders," Robotics and Automation System, vol. 76, pp.58-67, 2016.
- Y Chen, Y Ma, DH Kim, Sung-Kee Park,"Region-Based Object Recognition by Color Segmentation Using a Simplified PCNN," IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, 26(8), pp.1682-1697, 2015.
- RK Ala, DH Kim, SY Shin, CH Kim, Sung-Kee Park, "A 3D-grasp synthesis algorithm to grasp unknown objects based on graspable boundary and convex segments," Information Sciences, vol.295, pp.91-106, 2015.
- S Park, Sung-Kee Park, M Hebert, "Fast and scalable approximate spectral matching for higher order graph matching," IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 36 (3), pp.479-492, 2014.
- For more publications...
Recruiting (신규 연구원 모집)
- 석사급 위촉연구원, 박사후 과정 연구원분을 항상 초빙합니다!!! (로봇지능 및 컴퓨터비전 분야, 연락처 : firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 석사급 및 박사급 별정직 연구원을 초빙합니다.
- - 컴퓨터비전, 머신러닝, 패턴인식, 영상처리 분야
- - 졸업예정자 또는 타기관 근무경력 6개월 미만 연구자
- - 연락처: 김동환